Less than a month after released a revised state Solar policy(click here), the state of Karnataka has floated a Request for Proposal(RfP) for 500 MW of Solar PV and/or Thermal projects.
The Bid submission due date is August 20, 2014 and the bid opening(except financial bid) is September 1, 2014. A pre-bid conference is scheduled for July 3, 2014.
Some of the highlights are given below.
1. The 500 MW projects could be Solar PV and/or Solar Thermal.The selection will be through reverse bidding, with no L1 process.
2. A bidder can bid for any number of projects and the size of an individual project – 3 MW minimum and 500 MW maximum. However, “in the event the proposed capacity is more than 20MW, the Bidder should have commissioned as a
developer atleast 30% of the cumulative capacity proposed, over and above 20 MW”.
3. Financial Closure – 270 days from the date of signing the Power Purchase Agreement(PPA).
4. Commissioning deadline of the project – 18 months for PV and 30 months for CSP from the date of signing of PPA.
5. Capacity Utilisation Factor(CUF) – 21% (Maximum) and 12% (Minimum) for Solar PV projects and 24% (Maximum) and 16%(Minimum) for Solar Thermal projects.
The RfP and the draft PPA can be downloaded at the KREDL website here.
Subscribe to RESolve Energy Consultants : Perspectives and Insights by Email