Kerala, which launched a unique off-grid solar rooftop programme known as 10,000 Solar Rooftop Programme(more details here), has announced a list of 14 companies that are eligible to install these rooftop systems. Kerala is among the first states to opt for a Rooftop PV programme. The others include Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu apart from MNRE through Solar Energy Corporation Ltd.
Some of these companies include Tata Power Solar systems, Su-Kam, Luminous, Waaree Energies and Chemtrols, among others.
For those not familiar with the programme, households interested in putting up Solar PV systems(of 1 kWp – off-grid) can apply to the state nodal agency, ANERT. The households will get the 30% subsidy from MNRE and in addition, another Rs. 39,000 from the Government of Kerala through ANERT. (More details at the ANERT website here). As of January 18, 2013, a total of 4705 applications for these systems have been received by ANERT. These applicants can now chose one from the list of 14 companies to install their rooftops.
The empanelled installers were selected based on a bidding process, the details of which are available below.
The notification is available at the ANERT website here.
The instruction for the households who have applied to ANERT to avail the subsidies are available in Malayalam. The English translation is given below.
1. Applicants to select one company from the above list of 14. After site survey, give a work order(WO) and get into a contract with the selected company.
2. Submit the preliminary site survey report, Work Order(WO) and contract to ANERT’s district office.
3. Complete the installation and commissioning within 45 days of release of Work Order(WO).
4. After completion, the applicant should submit the commissioning report, undertaking and a letter authorizing the installer to receive the subsidies to ANERT’s district office.
5. ANERT will release the subsidy after inspection of the system by the officials.
ANERT will be conducting an orientation programme and exhibition for the applicants in all 14 districts of Kerala.
Subscribe to RESolve Energy Consultants : Perspectives and Insights by Email
You are invited to join the Kerala solar group in LinkedIn and share your views there. The link to the group is http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Kerala-Solar-4727444