The residual state of Andhra Pradesh, formed after the creation of the state Telangana, has invited bids from prospective bidders for setting up 500 MW of solar PV projects in the state. The distribution companies(Discoms) that will be procuring the power are Southern Power Distribution Company Limited of Andhra Pradesh (APSPDCL) & Eastern Power Distribution Company Limited of Andhra Pradesh (APEPDCL) in 13 districts of the state. Before bifurcation, there were 4 discoms in the united Andhra Pradesh.
The Bid submission due date is September 17, 2014 and the bid opening(except financial bid) is September 18, 2014. A pre-bid meeting is scheduled for August 22, 2014.
Some of the highlights are given below.
1. The selection will be through reverse bidding, with an L1 process for each district. According the to the PPA “Qualified Bidders corresponding to the category of lowest tariff in the District with the first rank shall be ranked in the order of their Quoted Tariff and all Qualified Bidders in the order of Quoted Tariff will be invited for negotiations to match the Discovered Tariff under the corresponding category for that District.”
2. A bidder can bid for a maximum of 100 MW total capacity through various affiliates.
3. There will be a district-wise cap on the capacity determined by the evacuation constraints.
4. Financial Closure – 210 days from the date of signing the Power Purchase Agreement(PPA).
5. Scheduled Commercial Operation Date(SCOD) – 12 months from the date of signing of PPA.
6.The PPA duration will be 25 years. The RfP and the draft PPA can be downloaded at the APTRANSCO website here.