The MNRE proposes to add 15 GW in 3 tranches through NVVN in the Phase II, Batch II of the JNNSM and has released the draft guidelines for the selection of projects totaling 3 GW under the state specific scheme. Under the Part 1 of Tranche I, 1000 MW is proposed to be set up in a Solar park to be developed in Kurnool District in Andhra Pradesh. This is in line with the proposal to set up 20 GW of solar projects through the solar park route(details here). Whether this new set of guidelines overrides the draft guidelines for 1500 MW released in July 2014(details here) is not clear.
Some of the highlights are given below.
1.The details of the 3 tranches are as follows.
(i) Tranche-I : 3,000 MW : 2014-15 to 2016-17 ( Bundling with 1500 MW unallocated NTPC Power from Coal Station allocated by MoP).
(ii) Tranche-II : 5,000 MW: 2015-16 to 2017-18 (selection mechanism to be decided later)
(iii) Tranche-III : 7,000 MW: 2016-17 to 2018-19 ( selection mechanism to be decided later)
2. Part 1 of Tranche – I is for 1000 MW and is for the solar park in Kurnool District in Andhra Pradesh.
3. Capacity of each project – 50 MW AC. Maximum capacity for a company will be limited to 250 MW and a company can bid for a total 5 projects(3 projects in open category and 2 projects under DCR).
4. Domestic Content Requirement(DCR) – 250 MW out of the total 1000 MW
5. PPA duration – 25 years with a provision to extend it by another 15 years @ Rs. 3/kWh.
6. Financial closure – 210 days from the date of signing the PPA.
7. Project commissioning – 13 months from the date of signing the PPA.
A consultation meeting regarding the guidelines will be held in Delhi on 17th October 2014 and comments are invited by 30th October 2014.
The draft guidelines can be downloaded here.
As a side note, the Mission is no longer referred to as JNNSM in the official documents – it is just NSM. Nothing official about it though 🙂